Thank you for your interest in a career at Brower Insurance, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Company. As one of the premier employers in the Miami Valley, Brower offers much more than just excellent benefits.
Brower is one of Ohio's leading agencies. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, our successful, growing business - with over $200,000,000 in premium volume and over 150 employees - offers an exceptional career opportunity for the right candidate. Brower is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on the "Top Workplaces" logo to read more about us!
What We Do For You...
Being an employee of Brower Insurance makes you an inherent part of a great mission! As part of the Brower family, we offer many services and programs to assist in your day-to-day professional and personal life:
- Rate of pay based on relevant competitive markets and level of responsibility.
- Lump sum awards for superior performance and outstanding collaborative/team success.
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Rx drug plans
- Mental health coverage
- Basic life insurance - 1x annual salary up to $50,000
- Spouse/dependent life insurance
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary vision
- Unemployment insurance
- Workers' Compensation insurance
- Social Security insurance
Paid Time Off
- Vacation days
- Personal days
- Sick days
- Extended Illness leave
- Brower holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Jury Duty
Performance and Recognition
- Annual performance reviews
- 30/60/90 day reviews for new hires
- Coaching and performance plans
- Service awards
- Designation bonuses
- Administrative Professionals Day
- Customer Service Week
The Working Life at Brower
As a valued employee, Brower offers services and programs that actively support your efforts to achieve success at both work and home, including:
- Flexible work arrangements, including full-time and part-time positions and alternative work schedules. We work a 37.5 hour work week and offer flexible starting and ending times.
- Educational programs, flu shots, health screenings, smoking cessation assistance, weight management programs, and other wellness initiatives. Brower has been recognized as a 2012 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition Program.
- Free coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate.
- Support on a wide-range of issues including parenting, stress, depression, work, retirement planning, financial and legal issues, with help available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Employee gatherings give you a chance to meet and enjoy time with your coworkers. We have employee recognition lunches, a summer picnic, Principal Appreciation Day, a holiday party, and other special events.
Our Community Involvement
At Brower, we are very active in the community and volunteer our time and services to many organizations:
- United Way
- Culture Works
- Relay For Life
- Holiday Family support
Educational Benefits and Career Development
Opportunities for technology training and assistance are offered for our agency management system and MS Office.
Internal job postings and career goal developments are other ways we encourage our employees to participate.
We offer learning experiences to enhance skills and competencies with plenty of opportunities for advancement, including:
- 100% reimbursement for industry-related education
- In-house CE courses
- In-house personal and professional development classes
- Bonus awards for industry certifications and designations
- In-house "Lunch and Learn" sessions
- 70% reimbursement for non-industry-related education
- Attendance at outside seminars and conferences
- Membership in industry groups
- Marsh-RIMS Survey Finds Greater Risk Management Engagement in Delivering Strategic Value
April 22, 2013
- Brower Selected as a Dayton and Springfield Top Workplace
January 28, 2013
- Brower Insurance Principal Talks Recent Merger, Future
December 21, 2012
- Marsh & McLennan Agency Acquires Brower Insurance Agency, LLC
December 5, 2012
- Forbes Recognizes Cincinnati Financial Corporation as America's Most Trustworthy Company
- Ohio Has Become the 39th State to Prohibit Texting While Driving